Saturday 25 February 2012

Photos

One of the reasons why I started blogging was because I wanted an excuse to take more pictures. I have always been the one who had a camera in every important situation but during the last year I didn't really take any pictures on other ocassions than holidays or birthdays. I don't even know why. I'm still hoping that when I'm old I will be able to get out all these pictures that were taken during my life and go back to those special moments and think of the people and situations that are shown. It is always amazing to me to see old photographs of my grandmothers, seeing their pictures is to me like getting to know a glimpse of their past, their history. Photos can give you the possibility to remember a part of yourself that you thought has been gone for a long time. 

I am by no means a professional photographer. I have a crappy old camera and I use Picasa 3 as my editing programme. Yes, seriously, this woman is still without photoshop. But back to topic. Since I've started this blog I have taken a whole bunch of photos. Most of them are not even going to be posted here because even though they tell a story they're not really interesting enough to write about. Other pictures show me with friends or the Count and therefore won't be found here either because I want to respect their private sphere. Still, there are a few that I want to share with you. They're nothing special but they show what I have been up to these days.


On Thursday the Count and I went out for sushi. I had some wonderful maki sushi with avocado and sesame as well as with pickled pumpkin. Unfortunately, I only took pictures with my mobile and now I have problems connecting it to the laptop. That means that the only thing I can show you is a photo that the Count took the day after when I ate some sea weed salad that I took home with me from the sushi bar.


Left over sea weed salad






The most exciting thing that I did this week was getting my hair cut. For more than six years I haven't had a proper hair cut except for the occasional trimming. Now I finally got the fringe I have been dreaming about for years. I never had the guts to let them get cut. I love my hair so much, it's not even funny. I don't use any heat or silicones on it and I want it long. Not the length it is now, I mean really, really long. So cutting a fringe seriously cost me some nerves. I slept terribly the night before and during the morning I was more nervous than before my A-levels. Because of a simply hair cut. I mean, it grows, right? But still... I was really afraid it wouldn't come out nicely, that I would regret it. Luckily, I don't. It's been three days since I went to the hair dresser and so far I love my new hair style. So I asked my sister to take some pictures of me and the new hair. Here we go:









Also, my dear friend Vivi visited me today we had a little photo session.




Well, that's it so far. Have a lovely day!






No comments:

Post a Comment