Friday 4 May 2012

May tree madness

Do you remember the post where I talked about the German tradition of may trees? In the night of the 30th of April to the 1st of May Boys and men put up birch trees in front of the girl's/woman's house they love. The trees are usually decorated with colourful crêpe paper pieces and a wooden heart with the girl's name on it. It's a nice tradition and I loved every tree the count gave me so far but this year is a leapyear which means it was my turn!
Well, may the first passed and therefore I can finally post pictures of the tree and especially the heart. Unfortunately, I cannot show you a picture of the finished heart as it features the Count's name.  Still, I have a few pictures to show you.

Here we go:

The Count studys physics so I thought a robot with an atom on its head would be appropriate

Unfinished

That's how we transported the may trees. Yes, seriously.

The end result. I edited the name away

Have a great day,

The Countess


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a really cool tradition and your tree was great! I love the robot =]

    ReplyDelete