Friday 18 April 2014

On How To Treat Your Loved Ones

I don't like children and I am not really a family person. Yet I have the tendency to go all mommy on the people I love. Not in the patronising kind of way, I don't believe in not letting people make their own decisions, I just like to make sure everyone is okay. There are a lot of people that have come into my life one or the other way, maybe through school, maybe through coincidence, maybe through the Green Youth, maybe through the internet and often it's kind of hard to keep in touch. Time is a very limited thing, unfortunately, and it's not always easy to see and/or talk to everyone as much as I'd like to. So I try to make up for it.

I haven't realised it for the longest of time but I tend to surprise people with food (especially cake and crisps and chocolate) and little tokens of my love. As I have horribly little time seeing people is a bit difficult but it is really important to me that I make sure my friends still know that I think of them and that I love them dearly. I'm not really sure why I do it, I just know that feeling loved and appreciated is wonderful so I want to make my friends feel like they have someone who thinks fondly of them. Maybe this kind of appreciation comes through a selfmade vegan cake, maybe through a little present, a decorated letter in the mail, a bottle of cheap vegan white wine I bring around or just a facebook message telling them that i miss and love them. Because I might not have time to give but I do have these things. It's not ideal but it's a start and I am sure my friends know how to read these gestures.

What do you do to make your loved ones happy?
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment